Pages

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Matt's August Update

Summer is nearing an end for me. Before long I will be back in the classroom molding the minds of Watervliet's finest. The latest news has involved a number of trips. Recently, I have gotten back from a fishing trip to Canada and a weekend excursion to the cabin. I am looking forward to having some time at home before the school year starts again.
Canada was great! I won't say much because most of you got the big info in my email updates. We caught a lot of fish, ate a lot of fish, and told a lot of fish stories. Definitely my kind of week. It was relaxing and the weather was beautiful. For the most part we had very comfortable temperatures.
Last weekend we packed up all our gear and headed up north for our second cabin trip with Micah. He is going to learn to love that place. Friday night was tough for him. It was hot and muggy and he just had trouble falling asleep. The temps after that were much more forgiving. Jennie and I were accompanied on the trip by Alex and Melissa. They had to leave Saturday evening to get back to St. Joe. Alli and Miles came up Saturday and stayed through Sunday with us. Jennie was nice enough to let me get some fly fishing in with Alex and Miles. She was a bit surprised that I still had a desire to fish after a week of it in Canada. I guess it really is an addiction.
The big news in the family now is waiting for the next new arrival. Drew and Rebecca are a few days past their due date now. Jennie was really hoping to share her birthday with their newly expected girl. We will just have to be patient now.
That's all for now. Enjoy the pics.
He loves his zebra.
The boys learning to play nice together.
Naked baby butt
My biggest northern of the week (36")
Fish Camp









No comments:

Post a Comment