Pages

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Sickness running amuck!

Wild week and a half! Last week, we had the big "Blizzard 2011", so snow days started with me on Tuesday. I was supposed to be teaching clinicals for LMC from 3-11pm, but LMC closed at 5 due to weather. Per policy (and law) I had to send the students home. Then Matt's school was closed Wedesday, and so was LMC for me. Matt and I had the opportunity to hang with some friends. Melissa and Alex came over to bring Birdie, their cat for us. We are babysitting their child while they are in Africa for two weeks! And Miles and Alli came over (poor Alli still had to work later that afternoon ). Miles and Matt went to snow blow a few driveways (Miles' and Alli's drive and my parents, who were lucky enough to be on a cruise at the time) then they treated themselves to ice fishing. Back to school and work for everyone on Thursday.
Sunday we planned a Superbowl party. Micah woke up from his nap at 4pm with a 102 degree temp and looked miserable. After some Tylenol and a cool bath, he was babied all night, and I mean all night. I got up with him a few times-he woke up crying, and I took him out to the couch for me to sleep with him. During the night his temp was as high as 103.4. Monday was a battle with his temp all day again, finally breaking in the evening. Tuesday, guess what-I'm sick all day in bed with the stomach flu. Miserable! And Matt wasn't feeling too hot either coming down with a bad cold. Now today, I feel better and went to teach at LMC, Micah woke up coughing up a storm, and Matt still felt crummy. Pray we all get back to normal here soon! But here are some pics of the happier times this past week! Micah likes to sleep with his rump in the air!
"Blizzard 2011"

Aunt Lissa came over to drop off her cat (which Micah loves by the way)


Alex and Melissa brought over Bow....



And Bufous saw Bow. Enough said.

Micah's new basket of toys-keeps things much neater!



Matt made homeade onion rings Sat night. very tasty!



What Micah looks like sick


Bufous and Birdie taking a nap on our bed


One of the sick days










No comments:

Post a Comment